UC Davis Math 108 - Intro to Abstract Math
Lecture: MWF 3:10 - 4:00 pm, Roessler 55
Fall 2019 (Section D)
Instructor: Robert Krone,
Office hours: M 1-2 pm, W 11-12 pm, MSB 3145.
D01 discussion: T 5:10 - 6:00 pm, Olson 101
D02 discussion: T 6:10 - 7:00 pm, Olson 101
TA: Andrew Alameda,
Office hours: W 9-11 am, MSB 3139.
- A Transition to Advanced Mathematics by D. Smith, M. Eggen, R. St. Andre (8th edition preferred, but any edition is ok).
Problem sets are due in lecture on Friday. They must be typed in LaTeX and printed out. You may collaborate with groups of up to four to work on the problems, but each student must write up and submit their answers individually.
- Problem Set 1 (due Oct 4): pdf file, tex file, solutions.
- Problem Set 2 (due Oct 11): pdf file, tex file, solutions.
- Problem Set 3 (due Oct 18): pdf file, tex file, solutions.
- Problem Set 4 (due Oct 25): pdf file, tex file, solutions.
- Problem Set 5 (due Nov 4): pdf file, tex file, solutions.
- Problem Set 6 (due Nov 8): pdf file, tex file.
- Problem Set 7 (due Nov 15): pdf file, tex file.
- Problem Set 8 (due Nov 22): ...
- Midterm - Wednesday October 30, 3:10 - 4:00 pm, Roessler 55
Practice exam, topics list and more practice questions.
- Final - Thursday December 12, 3:30 - 5:30 pm, Roessler 55
Grades:Grades are posted on Canvas.
- Homework: 50%
- Midterm exam (Oct 30): 20%
- Final exam (Dec 12): 30%